Cheese based spreads are very easy to prepare and pretty much everyone loves them. Let me show you my favorite one today. This egg and cheese spread comes together in just a few minutes and all the ingredients needed are likely sitting in your fridge already, ready to serve their purpose.
Whether you’re looking for a simple breakfast recipe or need to prepare something for your guests really quickly, this egg and cheese spread is your sure bet. And seriously, it’s the most simple thing to prepare.
Now, I understand not everyone loves eggs, so I just posted two more cheese based spread recipes on my blog. The first one is my kids favorite “Canned Tuna spread” and the second one is a “Greek Feta Cheese spread”, for those who like more savory meals.
Egg And Cheese Spread Ingredients
3 hard boiled eggs
200g (7oz) of cream cheese
150g (5.5oz) of melted butter
1 small shallot
How To Make Egg And Cheese Spread
This egg and cheese spread, just like all the other spread recipes on my blog, is extremely easy to prepare. Start by finely chopping the shallot and slicing the chives. Peel the hard boiled eggs and wash them with water, to make sure no eggshells make it into the spread.
The next step is to mix all ingredients. Use a fork and mix by hand, give it some time to make sure all the ingredients are distributed evenly. Those who prefer a fluffy dip-like consistency can use a blender. Personally, I want to feel the crunchy bits of shallots so the blender is not an option 🙂
Let the spread rest in the fridge for a few minutes. This way the butter will tighten again and the spread will hold the “shape” better. Serve on toasted bread or baguette, with a side of your favorite veggies.
Video Instructions For Egg And Cheese Spread
- You can replace cream cheese with a mild version of spreadable cheese. Curd or cottage cheese works as well.
- No chives at hand? Use scallions or spring onions.
- Love the taste of fresh shallots? Add more! You can also use regular yellow or purple onions instead.
I hope you’re gonna try this recipe, it’s really a great one! Enjoy.
Egg And Cheese Spread
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 200 g of cream cheese
- 150 g of melted butter
- 1 small shallot
- Star by boiling the eggs. You want them hard boiled, which will take about 10-12 minutes.
- Finely chop the shallot. Once the eggs have cooled down, finely chop them too.
- Mix all ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Serve on bread or baguette. Toasted or grilled works the best.