I love to prepare food on the grill and today, I would like to show you a very simple recipe that all of your friends will love. Let’s make my favorite marinated pork tenderloin steaks with a rich mushroom sauce and potatoes as a side. These steaks are super tender, full of flavor and so easy to make…I would say it’s the perfect recipe for barbeque beginners, who want to step up their game a little bit.
TIP: Looking for more simple BBQ recipes? Try my Grilled Chicken Gyros, Grilled Chicken Salad or Marinated Chicken Wings too! This Smoked Picanha from Jenn looks amazing too. You might also want to check my pork tenderloin info blog post to learn about this cut.
Since I love to keep things simple, I’m using the most basic charcoal fired grill today. This will give our tenderloin steaks a nice smoky flavor that’s so typical for classic barbeque. You can definitely use a gas or electric grill of course, the steaks will taste great anyways.
The sauce I’m using in this recipe is my signature mushroom sauce, check the recipe here on my blog. The sauce goes really well with these pork tenderloin steaks, or any other grilled meat. I usually make a bigger batch and then freeze it, so I have it ready when needed. It tastes almost as good as the freshly made one, but it tends to lose a bit of it’s thickness. If that’s the case, all it takes is to bring the sauce to a boil and add some starch slurry.
Enough of the intro, let’s make the pork tenderloin steaks, shall we? 🙂
Grilled Pork Tenderloin Steaks Ingredients
2 pork tenderloins about 500g (1 pound) each
1 kg (2 pounds) small sized potatoes of choice
For the marinade:
4-5 tablespoons olive oil
4-5 tablespoons soy sauce
3 teaspoons garlic powder
2-3 teaspoons red paprika
2 tablespoons yellow mustard
salt & black pepper to taste
Mushroom sauce: click for recipe
How To Make Pork Tenderloin Steaks
Watch the video or scroll down for step by step instructions:
Since I’m using a charcoal fired grill, I start by firing it up, because it can take up to an hour to get the coals nice and hot. While the grill is firing up, let’s prepare our ingredients. I’m cooking for 5 people today, so I picked up 2 nice pork tenderloins, about 500grams (1pound) each.
There is always some silver skin left on the meat, so let’s remove all of it. Once cleaned, cut the meat into 6 larger pieces, these should be of similar size so they all cook more or less at the same time.
The next step is to prepare the marinade. Start with olive oil, 4-5 tablespoons of extra virgin. Add 4-5 tablespoons of soy sauce. Now 3 teaspoons of garlic powder. 2 or 3 teaspoons of red paprika. And 2 tablespoons of yellow mustard. Do not forget a generous amount of salt and of course, black pepper goes in too.
Whisk everything properly, to make sure the salt dissolves and all the spices combine properly. Now tip your finger into the marinade and taste it. Some people don’t do this but it’s the only way to tell if there is enough salt in your marinade. The marinade has to be a little bit over-salted since we are working with rather big chunks of meat. Keep in mind there is nothing raw or “poisonous” in the marinade, so don’t be afraid of it 🙂
Once you’re satisfied with the taste, drop the pork tenderloin steaks into the marinade and properly coat them from all sides. Cover the bowl and put it in a cold place. A lean and tender cut of meat such as the tenderloin doesn’t need a long time to marinate, but let’s give it at least 30 minutes. For the best results, give it a few hours.
The grill is all fired up by now, so we can start with the potatoes. To save myself some time, I pre cooked roughly 1 kilo (2 pounds) of potatoes in salted water for about 25 minutes. This way, they will be finished on the grill in a much shorter time.
Flip the potatoes from time to time, we want them lightly charred from all sides. Since they are already cooked from the inside, it will only take a few minutes per side. Once you’re happy with the potatoes, move them to the side of the grill so they are not sitting on the direct heat anymore. This way, they will stay hot but won’t burn, while we prepare the tenderloin steaks.
Place the steaks on the rack now and watch the magic happen. Tenderloin cooks pretty quickly so make sure you do not dry the tasty chunks of meat out. Based on how hot your charcoal is, it should only take 3 or 4 minutes per side.
Keep flipping the steaks and make sure you grill them from all sides. And I mean all sides, even the tips or ends. And you can also move the potatoes around from time to time.
It’s hard to say how long to grill the meat for, since we all have our own preferences when it comes to the meat doneness. When grilling pork tenderloin steaks, I always try to go for a slightly pinkish color in the middle. The only rule here is: do NOT dry the meat out. If you’re unsure, just grab one of the steaks and cut it through the center and check.
Now a trick I’m using often, when grilling meat. Place the grilled tenderloin steaks into a small pot and add a few tablespoons of butter on top of it. Let the butter melt, then toss the pot properly so the butter covers the meat. And now let it rest for a few minutes.
Potatoes are ready too, so let’s do the same trick with those. Few tablespoons of butter again and now I’m also adding some thyme and rosemary that grows in my garden. You can also add a bit of salt or pepper. Give the bowl a toss or use a spoon or spatula to mix them up and coat them in the butter and herbs.
We’re pretty much done so it’s time to serve. The moment of truth is here. Let’s check the meat to see if it has the color I wanted… Nice, I see some pink in the middle, so all is good.
When serving my pork tenderloin steaks, I slice them first and place the slices on a plate. Add 4 or 5 potatoes and pour a lot of my delicious mushroom sauce over the meat.
So what do you think? I’d say it looks great and the taste is amazing too. Try this recipe the next time you feel like making something on the grill, I’m sure you will love it. Thanks for reading and please follow this blog or my cooking youtube channel for more simple recipes. See you next time!
Optional Tips To Tweak This Recipe
- Some salad would definitely go really well with the steaks and potatoes. You can use my simple coleslaw, for example.
- I’m using the same marinade for different cuts of meat, feel free to try some chicken or even aged beef.
- When cooking for kids, I usually do not add anything spicy, but you can definitely add some chili or sriracha sauce into the marinade.
- I pre-cooked the potatoes, but if you have really small ones, it’s not necessary. Just make sure you give them enough time to cook through properly.
- No potatoes at hand? That happens too 🙂 Thin slices of grilled pork tenderloin can be served on toasted bread too.
- Don’t want to make the potatoes on the grill from whatever reason? Try my simple Oven Baked Potatoes or Stuffed Baked Potatoes instead.
- Want to use a different side dish that goes well with these steaks? Try to make a delicious vegetable peperonata.
- Any dish needs a nice drink to serve it with! Ever heard of French 76? Try it 🙂
Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- 2 pork tenderloins about 500g (1lb) each
- 1 kg small sized potatoes of choice
For the marinade
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2-3 teaspoons red paprika
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- salt & black pepper to taste
- I'm using a charcoal fired grill, so the first step is to fire it up as it can take up to an hour to make it nice and hot.
- Remove any silver skin from the pork tenderloins, we don't want this in our steaks. Cut each tenderloin into 3 pieces.
- Make the marinade by simply mixing all the ingredients listed. I recommend to give the marinade a taste to make sure it's salty enough. Our pork tenderloin steaks are rather large, so the marinade needs to be a bit over-salted.
- Place the tenderloin steaks into a bowl with the marinade and use your hands to cover each piece properly.
- I start by grilling the potatoes first. When using small ones, there is no need to pre-cook them. But to save time, I did that.
- Once potatoes look good, move them away from direct heat and start grilling the pork tenderloin steaks.
- Grill from all sides, including the ends/tips. 3-4 minutes per side for medium, more if you want them well done.
- Place the finished tenderloin steaks into a small pot, add some butter and let it melt. Toss the pot, cover with a lid and let rest for a few minutes.
- Now the potatoes. Add them to a bowl, put some butter, thyme and rosemary in and mix carefully. We want the butter to melt and coat the potatoes without breaking them.
- Slive the steaks before serving, then pour the mushroom sauce all over it. Serve with the potatoes, about 4-5 pieces per serving. Recipe for the mushroom sauce is here: https://cookwewill.com/creamy-mushroom-sauce/
- Enjoy! 🙂
Loving these grilled pork tenderloin steaks! There was so much flavor!
I would love to make this for my husband! That marinade looks fabulous!
What a great recipe! Pork tenderloin is sooo good and flavorful, and I love the idea of cutting it in steak portions. Your marinade recipe is a treasure. Thank you for another winner from Cook We Will!
Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to your blog?
My website is in the very same area of interest as yours and
my users would definitely benefit from some of the information you provide here.
Please let me know if this okay with you. Thanks a lot!
No problem about that! Feel free to grab a quote as long as you credit the source properly 😉
[url=https://ekb.prostitutki.sex/]проститутки по вызову[/url] – дешевые индивидуалки, вызвать проститутку на дом